Wednesday, August 31

Animal Print Shoes in the Workplace

A few posts ago I mentioned I purchased some lovely black lace wedges from Sole Society pictured below:
It turns out there was a color swap error on the site and instead of sending me the lace ones I received a black leopard print. Don't get me wrong I thought they were gorgeous, but lately whenever I buy shoes I always ask: can I pull this off at work? After 45 minutes on the phone with customer service they ended up giving me:
  • a credit to purchase the correct ones
  • a credit back to my card for the mix up,
  • and an additional credit for a future purchase.
I basically got 2 pairs of shoes for free- including the ones I didn't order! Great customer service aside I needed to find some way to incorporate these in my work wardrobe to work!

Today is my birthday and I decided to wear whatever I want. I had planned on wearing the lace ones in the office today but they aren't here yet. And unfortunately I planned on giving the leopard ones to my sister but then remembered we don't wear the same size. What's a girl to do? #firstworldproblems I know!

Its fairly easy to make animal print attire work for the office. An animal print skirt can be paired with a simple button down collared shirt and black pumps. Likewise an animal print top can look stylish and not out of control with a blazer, cardigan or pressed pants.


Originally I had planned on a white button down with a different tan sweater and a black pencil skirt, but today it was freezing and the weather report said it's supposed to be 67 degrees. I ended up going with a tan crew neck sweater from Banana Republic, white Ralph Lauren polo shirt, and Ellie Tahari ankle pants.

It was still quite chilly when I left this morning so I threw on a black cashmere scarf. Other items I tried on were teal and purple sweaters, brown pencil skirts, green skinny pants, and a navy blue pleated pencil dress. All looked great but  I favored this look today!

No comments:

Post a Comment