Sunday, November 24

First Team Run- Luther Burbank Park

I signed up for the Whidbey Island half marathon a couple weeks ago with my friend Andrew, but hadn't yet made it to a team run. To summarize, team in training (TNT) provides endurance training programs for charities. One of the things I found really cool about this program is every week we run at a different local area. I won't be able to make the Tuesday or Thursday runs most of the time due to volunteer commitments, so for now the Saturday runs will have to do.

This past Saturday our run was on Mercer Island. We met at the Luther Burbank Park. I was extremely proud of myself for not getting lost on the way there the first time around. I can't say I'll always be this lucky with my poor sense of direction.

I was feeling a bit like a slacker since I wasn't sure what quite to expect and I had missed the first two weeks as I joined late. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Below is the only photo I managed to take from the run. If you look closely there's a few birds hiding in the brush :).


We ran for about 50 minutes, which doesn't seem too bad when you're on a treadmill, but when you're running up unfamiliar inclines on Mercer Island it seems like a lifetime. I made friends with a gal training for the Whidbey Island full marathon and we ended up jogging the last twenty minutes together. I plan to go running at least twice this week. I'll be enjoying a stay-cation over the holidays and studying for my six sigma green belt (SSGB) exam coming up the first week in December. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment