Tuesday, August 7

Syrup Denver Restaurant Review

This past weekend Jon and I were in Denver for a friend's wedding. We're both big brunch people so we set out to find a good place to dine the morning before the wedding. We had heard many good things about Snooze so we headed that way.

Unfortunately, similar to many awesome brunch places in Seattle, they had over an hour wait to be seated. I pulled up my yelp app and searched for the our second place. One of the top rated restaurants closer to our hotel, Sheraton Downtown Denver, was Syrup. Who knew our second place would turn out to be a top favorite :).


The first thing I noticed when I walked in was how stylish the restaurant was- modern wallpaper, chic lighting fixtures, and crisp white chairs. Jon have rolled his eyes at the fact I was more excited about taking photos of the venue than I was about their menu.



Syrup boasts several different flavored syrups (created in house I think) which you can sample with your order of pancakes, waffles, or one of the other breakfast items. Confiding in the waitress' recommendation to try the buttermilk and blackberry syrups (apparently the most popular), we sampled them with a side order of beignets.


The verdict was "delicious"! I embarassed Jon a bit because I'm extremely picky about beignets and don't like them too doughy or too burnt like Toulousse Petit tends to do (ironically if you look at their site you'll notice the ones on the home page aren't burnt to a crip!). Syrup's beignets came out perfect and the syrups were a perfect balance of sweet.

 Jon decided to continue his syrup sampling with an order of pancakes, pecan butter, peanut butter, and a butterscotch syrup- a very sweet and sugary meal! I on the other hand settled for my favorite- egg white omelets and a side of crispy hashbrowns.

The staff was friendly, providing the appropriate amount of attentiveness without being overbearing. Syrup has two locations one in downtown Denver, and the other in Cherry Creek (great shopping there too!). If you're staying downtown and want to take a nice stroll to grab breakfast without waiting forever in line, be sure to add Syrup to your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment