Monday, July 18

Barcelona Shopping Trip Follow-up

I found some great deals shopping for my trip on Sunday! Most basics for my trip I already had, of course I has to get a few new pieces :).

Footwear...
There was a time in my life when I simply refused to wear flats. I'm a bit tall for a girl and hated that my mother always had me wear lower heels than my vertically challenged sister- after all Daddy Long Legs is one of my favorite movies! Now I can't live without them (stilettos I heart you too!).


Report "Lem" Flat from Nordstrom
Hot Trends... 
Thanks to my friend Jody, I was on a mission to find colored denim or chinos that rocked. Already in my collection is a pair of Dylan & George cropped pants. If you swing by J. Crew You can snag these oxford chinos on sale.
I really wanted this pair, but they were sold out in my size- boo! Nevertheless Nordstrom always comes through...I picked up a pair of Jag denim ones (On Sale! Oooh Anniversary Sale!) and you can't even tell the difference! Best part, they match the flats I just bought :).

Oxford Chinos at J. Crew
My other hot trend item I picked up was this ADORABLE skirt from Francesca's Collection. Francesca's Collection is my go-to shop for trendy and affordable boutique dresses and skirts. I fell in love with their clothes at the New Orleans store off Magazine St (you can't go shopping in New Orleans and NOT go to Magazine!). Now I get my little taste of fun, flirty, heaven at Pacific Place in downtown Seattle.

Far East Skirt from Francesca's Collection

This skirt is reasonably priced under $50 and fully lined. I immediately fell in love with the colors. Made with sateen it can easily be dressed up with a silk blouse and big sunglasses, or down with a white tank top and some fun beaded jewelry. Just the perfect thing for my trip to help me to blend in with other stylish Catalans in Barcelona. My poppy-colored Kenneth Cole "Pretty" flats I wore that day made this find more perfect!

Tees/Tanks/Scarves...
When you live in the Pacific Northwest you're raised to expect humidity to mean showers and to always dress in layers- because the weathermen are usually wrong...or right. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten this and worn a sweater to work in the rain, only to come home to 68 and sunny skies!

I went shopping for some basics that were fun enough to pair with a skirt and wear out. Most of my "cocktail/dancing" tops or dresses seem to always fall in hues of blue and black. Thanks to the endless spam *cough* I mean e-marketing efforts on Express, I decided to check out their sale.I found this great sequin racer back top in my favorite color- purple! Since I plan to be dancing the night away this is perfect.

Express Sequin Racer Back Tank


The last thing I sought to purchase was a new scarf. Sunhats and scarves are always great when you're going to the waterfront or beach. Sadly to say I did not find any that were "must-haves" for me. So I'll leave you with my favorite spring scarf I picked up a few months ago for a steal on Ideeli.
Sayami Striped Scarf
This is my favorite color and it goes with everything. I definitely lucked out when Ideeli hosted their Sayami scarves and wrap sale. Most of their scarfs are reasonably priced and the quality is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment