Saturday, January 25

TNT Run- Alki

Today I was excited because it's the LONGEST run I have ever had today! I ran about 100-110 minutes at Alki.

We met up near a boat parking area ran 3-5 miles out, returned, then turned up California Ave SW and ran a about a mile, 1.5 miles up and then back down. The joke I always have with the bf is that TNT helps me learn how to drive around Seattle. Unfortunately that's not the case when it's foggy.

Today it was so foggy I actually missed the West Seattle bridge exit and ended up somewhere near Harbor Island and 1st Ave S. After spending 15 minutes driving back towards downtown, I managed to find my way again back onto 99 South and did not repeat the hamster wheel route. Below is a photo of my basically zero visibility

Foggy weather heading to West Seattle
 My challenge today was calming that internal chaos so I could just focus on running. I tried a few things today, mixing it up chatting to different people and fumbling with my various Pandora stations trying to find one I can have a good groove to.

I think Red Hot Chili Peppers and my Pop Fitness station are my digs. Next step will be figuring out my playlist for race day :). One the way back from the hill training portion of my run one of the coaches pointed out a bald eagle hanging out on the branch.

Can you see the bald eagle?!!?
These early am runs are killing me, but you really can't beat the view. I finished the run wobbly today as I've experienced my first hip tightening. At first I thought my knees were giving out but after doing some stretches when I got home and using the foam roller I have about 7 boulders in my hips, calves, and quads. I ran to the store and grabbed a couple bags of ice. I'll be having my first ice bath today.

While I'm terrified of doing this (don't worry I won't blog about it after this!) It was in the coach's corner of the TNT newsletter a couple weeks ago. Ice baths apparently help aid in recovery after long runs. My approach today will be taking coach Dorothy's advice. 15 minutes, with a hoodie, and a couple cups of tea. The mere thought is making me freezing. Well it's now or never, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment