Saturday, February 1

#FirstWorldProblems

I had another good training week, finishing the end of January strong. It's been chilly so I've opted to run indoors at my gym. To help keep myself motivated I decided to treat myself to a few new running pieces I snagged at lululemon (most were on sale). well one piece I splurged on was this new basic runner 1/2 zip jacket:

lululemon
What I like about this top is that it fits over anything without bulging. It also has a little more length than most running track jackets I own so the seams lay flat without riding.

I decided to sport my new jacket at today's long distance run at Lake Youngs. Lake Youngs is basically in the middle of nowhere Maple Valley with really long street names (in Russian or Ukranian I think?) that I save myself the trouble of pronouncing.

One of the reasons I bought this jacket is because it had a well sewn mesh kangaroo pocket, perfect for holding keys, cell phones, smaller items....or so I thought.

I was about 20 minutes into my run and had gone a few miles, passing some fellow TNT marathon walkers along the way. At some point I realized I didn't wear studs but my Tiffany 2012 metal bar French hoop earrings.

As I rocked out to Red Hot Chili Peppers on my headphones, I assumed they would be equally safe in the kangaroo pocket as the zipper compartment located on the back of the jacket. Boy was I wrong. At I turned the corner to begin an incline I instinctively patted my hand over the kangaroo pouch and noticed that the earrings were gone.

Wait you say, you're going to type an entire blog post about earrings?? Yes. Yes I am. #FirstWorldProblems. But the point of this blog isn't to be melodramatic about how I lost a favorite pair of my earrings rather to share how some awesome people I'm just getting to know helped make this day better.

Tiffany 1837 collection RUBEDO metal bar earings
These earrings for a gift from Jon, my boyfriend for our 4-year anniversary. So they had a lot of sentimental meaning. They are also a limited edition production from what he explained to me from Tiffany and they are sold out of this rose gold-like special metal. To sum up they emotional sentiment and they can't be replaced. And I was absolutely foolish for not swapping them out.

After I had a panic attack for the first 3 minutes "Jon's going to kkiiilll me!" I proceeded for the next hour to span every crook, cranky, pebble, and twig looking for my earrings. I gladly encouraged the other TNT members around to not bother as I didn't want to impose on their workout.

But again this is an awesome organization fundraising for an awesome cause, and everyone is, well, awesome. One of the coaches helped me look and we jogged back and forth. A group of walkers also set out to look to see if they noticed anything shiny along the way. What made it difficult is that these earrings are rose gold-like so they unfortunately blended in with everything. 20 minutes later one of the walkers' daughter, a girl scout, found a pair about a half mile back from where I stopped!



By the end of the hour another group of walkers, Caroline, had actually found the other one a mere 3 ft from where I stopped when I noticed they'd fallen out of my kangaroo pouch. I wrapped up just in time for Drew to give me a hard time and to buy 7 boxes cookies from the girl scout as a thank you :).

Morale of the story- there's a few:

1) Don't workout with real jewelry on
2)Don't wear French hoops without backings
3)If you cry about losing Tiffany most people will want to smack you aside the head
4)Wear studs
5)Invest in costume jewelry
6)These TNT people are kinda awesome for helping with something that was important to me, no matter how trivial.
7)Always buy cookies from girl scouts. Always.

Later this afternoon I'll plan on making up today's long distance run and do a loop or two around Queen Anne Boulevard.

No comments:

Post a Comment