Friday, February 28

Mission Moment- Judy Leukemia Survivor

This week has been a rough week for training. I haven't been sleeping very well, personally, I blame ruffles.

Every so often it's easy to get swept away with the careless worries of our day:

"I'm busy"
"I'm in back-to-back meetings all day"
"I have to pick up my kids after work"
"I didn't have time to grab lunch because I had a presentation to finish," etc., etc.

I don't feel like I usually get in a rut, but this week has been near the point where I've wanted to pull my hair. Then voila! My weekly Team in Training (TNT) newsletter arrives.

The TNT newsletter usually contains a pep talk for fundraising, team runs scheduled for the upcoming week (Sat., Tues., and Thurs.), running tips, and usually a mission-related video or cause marketing for LLS.

Today's email included a video of Judy, a sweet old lady who is a cancer survivor and her story. I won't do it justice reiterating so I've posted the link below.



Stories like Judy's is a great reminder of why I'm doing this half marathon. I'm not just doing it to get back into running more consistently, or even to hang out with my friend Drew (sorry buddy). I'm doing it to raise money for LLS, to help find cures, treat patients, and give people the hope to a healthy life.

It's so easy to lose focus of the end goal with life's distractions. I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch Judy's video.

If you'd like to make a difference and help change other people's lives, please donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and support my fundraising efforts as I help raise money for a great cause: http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/whidbey14/charmiee1y.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment