Monday, June 27

Summer Fun Notepads

This weekend I celebrated my sorority little sister's 30th birthday at a family backyard party. I couldn't help but noticed nearly everyone either checked their cell phone or was texting at some point. We were blessed with clear sunny skies in Puyallup despite the weather forecast of 68 with scattered showers. People gleefully took part in the festivities at the celebration, but it was clear technology was on our minds. It was then I realized that that her daughter, just shy of one years old, will grow up and never know the world without iPhones and Kindles.

In an age where most people in the western world communicate purely through digital means (smart phones, laptops, and now tablets), I was pleasantly surprised to see Lonny Mag's Blog today featuring fun and summer-themed notepads by Linda & Harriett.

The last time I purchased stationery was to write my best friend from high school when he was deployed in Afghanistan for 13 months. I purchased some fun floral (and embarrassing) stationery by Galison and hand wrote him letters for nearly every week of his deployment. It was truly a labor of love and made me proud of my penmanship. It's funny how quickly I had forgotten English classes (you know, back in 5th grade) when you had to hand write your papers in cursive!

Linda & Harriett's summer notepads are refreshing and fun with bright colors of pelicans, crabs, fish , and anchors. The best part is they fit right into this year's Mediterranean and nautical theme. If you're not going to write letters I recommend at least picking up one or two to encourage a daydream of sailing the high seas- or just taking notes :).

No comments:

Post a Comment