Friday, January 13

Canvas Frame Shopping

In my last blog I showed you all the awesome X-Men limited edition print I got for Christmas from Jon. The other part of my Christmas present was any frame of my choice :).

This has been a bit of an adventure. I enlisted the advise of my artist friend, Jody, and set out tracking out across the city to various framing stores, and home decor stores. It turns out my print is a custom size (15"x22") which means a custom frame. I decided to go with Museum Quality Framing in Queen Anne. Lara, the store manager was super helpful helping me decide what type of frame to get, matting, and they do the canvas stretching in store :).
Picking out frames for my canvas

Their store has a great selection of frames with an array of finishes and lots and lots of color. Below is a photo I sneaked of some of their cool frames! So I thought I had my top 2 frames I was in love with. Then the next day I had Jon swing by with me. Next thing I know I'm looking at a whole new line-up, from blue frames to new arrival acrylics!



Well I have to say I eventually found one I love and went with it. It should be ready in 2 weeks, I'm excited to post the premiere! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment